What are some subtle traits immediately put you off someone?

February 05 2024

For me, making sounds while eating. I can't handle it, it just drives me insane!

I was in a meditation retreat last year and I sat beside a guy at lunch that would make a subtle sound while eating. I can't describe the rage that would go through my mind while I sat there beside him.

Subsequently, I discovered a thing called misophonia which pretty much explained everything.

Curious to know what are some subtle things put you off someone.

We all know the obvious ones, like big egos, arrogance, really bad B.O. etc.

I'm more thinking things that make you go "this shouldn't be a big deal, but I really can't handle it"

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

trying to sound intelligent by using loquacious words incorrectly.

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

3 months ago

Mouth breathing, using ones teeth on utensils, hair twirling all instant turn offs for some reason.

• fun2behere

fun2behere

3 months ago

in some cultures it is important to make sounds eating as it shows you are enjoying the food. BURP

• RagnarPrime

RagnarPrime

3 months ago

Bad listeners who always interrupt when they can relate what I’m saying to be about them.

“Oh, that’s like when I did….”
    “I did that once and then this….”
    “I’m just going to finish your sentence for you because I’m sure you’d like that.”

You know.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

Just a few
    1. People who are real c*nts to their parents. Not on! 🚩
    2. Pick me men: When they say, " I'm not like other men" or are dramitic. PFFFT! I'm not picking you- go away.
    3. Crocs- those with designer pins on them. In this heat, you ain't putting those sweaty feet in my bed.
    4. During sex they say, "Oh my Goodness". Don't fucking say it!
    5. They need help at self serve checkouts. You are holding up the queue. Dump that shit and walk out.

Ms Foxy

• ppiffle3934

ppiffle3934

3 months ago

Men wearing socks when they’re having sex 🤷‍♀️

• xxxpeachesxxx

xxxpeachesxxx

3 months ago

People that constantly check their phone when you're having a "conversation" ...

• Felicitous

Felicitous

3 months ago

My biggest petty instantaneous turn off...
    those that write in numbers and abbreviations - it actually hurts my brain 😂🧐

• Yellowpenguins

Yellowpenguins

3 months ago

Yes , I have misophonia so I'm with you on the eating sounds Alexis.

People who just sit there sniffing GET A DAMM TISSUE !
    Pen clicking 😏 the internal rage I feel.

Also , if they pick at their toe nails 🤢 or bite their fingernails ❌
    Equally, long finger or toenails on men 🤢

• Aligirl443

Aligirl443

3 months ago

I had a recent date where the guy showed up in a faded polo shirt and jeans with 2 of the BIGGEST holes I’d EVER seen in both knees…I didn’t say anything but my mind was SCREAMING “What the HELL are you wearing???!??!”

• nightingale8

nightingale8

3 months ago

When people miss the point. It might be someone missing the point of what you are saying because they lack the ability to comprehend what you are saying. But even down to personal choice. Like someone I know decked out her backyard in artificial plants because she wanted more nature in her home. You missed the point, lady.
    I know, freedom of choice, etc. Hard to watch when there are whole islands of plastic floating in the Pacific Ocean.

• RachWandered

RachWandered

2 months ago

@Alexis …do you just eat soup? Or do you have a bird in another room chewing your food then bringing it back and regurgitating it into your mouth… quietly
    Hahahaha I’m laughing so hard right now
    Sorry not diminishing your misosoup phobia but
    How do you shovel a pack of chippies and cut the roof of your mouth?
    I’m so confused… 🫤

• Dann_May

Dann_May

2 months ago

People who don't take care of their appearance and people who can't use grammar or punctuations correctly 🙄

• BOOEAST

BOOEAST

2 months ago

When your date squints when reading the menu even though it was the sexy librarian look (with glasses) in her profile which attracted you in the first place. 👓

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

TV volume: putting the volume on odd numbers! DONT TOUCH MY REMOTE! Absolutely not on. Goes on even numbers.

• teamaj2

teamaj2

2 months ago

People that constantly refer to me as ‘babe , either to my face or via online chat ‘. It really is cringeworthy . I have pulled guys up on it but I’m they always go back to it . I guess it’s just a habit . It just grates on me . Ax

• Stace8120

Stace8120

2 months ago

Stink breath or body odour 😫🤮😣

• Mrs_Deep_Love

Mrs_Deep_Love

2 months ago

Men who don't sit up straight, lean on counters, walls etc

Ick

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

When they use a 2in1 shampoo/ conditioner as body wash. They probably don't wash their butts with it .

Ms Foxy

• JaneDoe40

JaneDoe40

2 months ago

When a man uses the word ‘lovely’ 🫣🙅🏻‍♀️

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

Waiting in line/queue and people who push in.
    You're not in a slip lane, go wait your fucking turn!

Ms Foxy

• RHP User

RHP User

2 months ago

Physically....Cankles, long nails, smoking and bad teath 🤮

Mentally.....lackluster communication and people that assume things rather than asking.

• Darkness

Darkness

2 months ago

The general awkwardness of not giving me enough to work with about themselves..
    or when it’s all about them.. take a breath lol
    Being rude to staff big no no.. I hate it.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 months ago

Anyone who uses the term 'wazzup'

I should reply - 'your opportunity' - not sure they'd get it 😂 so instead generically say we won't be suited.

• No_probLlama68

No_probLlama68

2 months ago

Using speaker on their phone in public whether it’s for calls or music/vids

• Lullah

Lullah

2 months ago

The following traits/characteristics have become more noticeable to me over the last four years. I have always been put off by anyone displaying them. 

Anyone arrogant enough to profess to know what the ultimate truth is to me demonstrates complete ignorance and an unwillingness to learn.

People with a holier-than-thou attitude.

• ashandpaul

ashandpaul

2 months ago

When in a chat conversation and starting to get to know someone they asked for some pics and I shared them…then about 1/2hr later he asked for more because he said he was desperate and my boobs looked hot! 🔥…🙈🙈🙈🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ that was like oh no your not for us!

• Funcplgc

Funcplgc

2 months ago

Arrogance

• Exoticerotic69

Exoticerotic69

2 months ago

We would never tell as we like people to post what they really think without giving people the opportunity to mask what we feel are shortcomings aka “put offs” then end up meeting and wasting everyone’s time 😉