This site needs an overhaul.

May 26 2024

On modern conventional dating sites as a man you will get loads of dates because the algorithm requires both genders to browse, look and like profiles. On rhp however, as we all have worked out, is flooded with men spamming the few genuine females. That results in some female profiles existing here purely for the attention, which is sad, while others, especially the quality ones, turned off by it.
I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely and very attractive asian lady on rhp who shared with me her experience of being inundated with messages, some with dick pics, some with dumb childish one liners, which put her off opening further messages and she deleted her profile. Guys, seriously if you think your cock is your best and most attractive feature, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel with that strategy.
This site's algorithm needs to be adjusted so that both genders search, like and message profiles and the number of scrolls, likes, messages is restricted regardless of your membership subscription or gender. Otherwise, it degenerates into an all male spam site.
Those other dating sites are for people who are ready, wanting, and seeking a fulltime conventional relationship. While most of us are here because we are not ready for that, we just want something casual, and it's a good site for that, but it would be a lot better with a modern "swipe" algorithm.
Thoughts?

Comments

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

You lost me. You mean, some who are here are emotionally unavailable and seek "casual -free sex" and treat woman like free hookers. You are right! However, you can't speak for onothers choice for being here. There are people here who a emotionally stable, in the right head space, and are respectful. There's many singles who have met on this site who were single, now married with beautiful children.

The site does its best, that's why there are rules and policies in place. One can adjust their profiles, search criteria etc. There's also a block button and report button. If member don't use those features, then huston we have a problem.

Ms Foxy

• fun2behere

fun2behere

3 months ago

So what you seem to be suggesting is a profile can send a like which has to be accepted as a match before being able to message each other.

• Flirty2020

Flirty2020

3 months ago

The problem with sites like this, is that they are selling the possibility of sex , mainly “pussy” and this attracts a large number of generally thirsty males.

If you look at the ratio of males to females on here, it is highly skewed 100 to 1 ? 200 to 1?

And because of this, competition is quite fierce and this results in the behaviour that you mention in your post OP.

Then there are the expectations and entitlement… that because this is a sex site, all of us females are here for sex and as such must accept the barrage of messages & penis photos.

We are not sure of it’s the same on vanilla dating sites though.

• NeoAndTrin

NeoAndTrin

3 months ago

Let me assure you that females being inudated with messages, dic pics, and crappy one liners are not exclusive to this site alone. Just some of the regular everyday occurences from women on any platform from the dates Ive been on as a single male in the past.

I agree more could be done to the site. Especially the "search" function for the forums which just doesn't seem to working. Well not when I try to search for a specific word anyway.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

What you propose would mean the site commercially fails.

I use other apps and they are built with the same psychographic revenue model.

There is no way to make money from women paying to search. It’s not how that gender works or thinks.

• countrytouch82

countrytouch82

3 months ago

Loads of dates on conventional dating sites? Tried pretty much all of them and that's news to me!

• YouTarzanMeJane

YouTarzanMeJane

3 months ago

I read somewhere that on sites that use the swipe and match technique, a lot of men blindly swipe right hoping for a match. That there's even an app (or they're developing one) that will swipe right for you. And it's only after a match that the guy bothers to read the profile. Then ghosts/deletes those that he doesn't like. I don't feel like that is much of an improvement, but that's just my opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Alexis

Alexis

3 months ago

I'm not sure about "loads of dates" on other dating apps. Have you been on them and had that experience? If so, you must be extremely attractive.

I read in an article the other day that women swipe once in every 115 men and those likes pretty much all go to the top 20% most attractive guys. By the authors calculation, if you consider a like to be a form of currency, dating apps have a higher wealth inequality than 95% of countries. Just below South Africa.

He even made a formula to calculate how attractive you are based on how many likes you get on Tinder. The statistics are pretty anecdotal but it made for some fascinating reading.

I actually think what you're suggesting would make this site harder for (most) men, but probably a more pleasant experience for women. But there is already the option to set the app up so you only receive messages from profiles that you have liked.

In my opinion, what would be a good overhaul is to improve this forums section. It seems to me to be the best way to show some of your personality, humour, intellect, and character without the pressure of a cold private message.

In my experience, if I have had an interaction with someone on the forums and we click, there's a 100% chance of a reply when I send a message. Even if someone only views or comments on my forum posts and I send them a message, there's still a pretty good chance of a reply. Much, much higher than if I just send a cold dm.

The issue is that so few people use the forums, so the chances of an interaction like that and the person being within a reasonable distance are slim. But it does happen.

• Margo_Lover

Margo_Lover

3 months ago

No platform is perfect, but I'm not a fan of the swiping game apps.

They have no ability to search or contact people unless you play the silly swipe game, and get a match.

A game which is based mainly on distance from you. As though that's the most important metric.

I agree, men make this site annoying for women, but it's possible to set message parameters to reduce those issues.

- Alex

• Blueflamingo

Blueflamingo

3 months ago

I see where you come from, but I do not agree with your suggestion.

Rhp to me is much more than a dating site, it's a community. It is build on the swinging community and it cannot be compared to the swiping sites.
    There are so many other features on the site which would not work on a swiping site where people disappear and cannot be found again.
    Look at this forum, the events page, the chat room.
    You can friend each other and validate each other, how would this work for an app like Tinder? 😂

You can use this site for however you like to use it and it give so much more flexibility to the individual. If swiping was a thing on rhp it would only limit possibilities and that not in the spirit of swinging 😉

• RachWandered

RachWandered

3 months ago

I’m not looking for casual sex and I’m definitely not here until I’m “ready for more”. I’m here because my people are here.

I find the assumption that a non-monogamous lifestyle is somehow “less” to be quite limited and damaging.

I love this app. I have a paid subscription. I use the filters on messenger. I find people I like, I attend events and I have a clear idea of what I do and don’t want.

I’ve met some amazing people and made new and lasting friendships. I didn’t make any long term connections on any other app but I have on this app.

• No_probLlama68

No_probLlama68

3 months ago

Another useful feature rhp could adopt that I have seen in another app is that you can’t send another person a photo or link until they have sent you five messages back. I think this would definitely be handy here, because it would immediately stop the issue of unsolicited dick pics from randoms. After a few messages you can probably tell if you want to continue and swap galleries etc…it could even encourage better profile building.

• nightingale8

nightingale8

3 months ago

I don’t like swiping. It’s annoying on the eyes and you can’t go back.
    One day we’re all going to look back at the “age of glass tiles” (smart phones) and think how terribly archaic the tech is. Why are design engineers so 2D! Give me something tactile, intuitive, collaborative

• Mrs_Deep_Love

Mrs_Deep_Love

3 months ago

I don't agree, I like this site because it is different.

• MrSin68

MrSin68

3 months ago

I get what you are trying to say but it’s not just RHP it’s all dating sites . It comes down to also what you put in your bio and what you are specifically looking for . Your bio should include rules like blocking if dick picks etc are sent.

• CandiKane

CandiKane

3 months ago

(Mr here) A few others have said it. To me, RHP is, and has always sold itself as a community, not a casual dating site. I would say a single male with a casual dating or hookup approach stands little to no chance of any success on RHP. I think it’s fair to say before any couples or single females here on RHP would have anything to do with you, they would need to be confident you have a solid understanding of the swinging community and the relationship dynamics at play. A committed relationship isn’t something more than the swinging activities of RHPiers, Swinging is something more than a committed relationship.

• SweetSerenade

SweetSerenade

3 months ago

A nice feature would be to be able to ONLY receive likes or messages or even views from your preferences.

If we could have our profile set to hidden to everyone who is outside our age range, not verified, no profile pictures, outside our location to a set distance.... That would be amazing.

• Getmet

Getmet

10 days ago

I've been a member here I think on and off for about 3 x 6 months and I've never sent "wanna fuck" type messages, in fact I have 99% of the time left sex out of the equation entirely in first messages for obvious reasons.
    I try to ask about her more than rave on about me and i always try to be friendly, happy, positive and respectful. My stats are something like for every 100 sent messages
    (only to closely matching women in my league) about 10 to 15 appear as being read and I might get 1 or 2 replies but usually just 1 liners like "hi send more pics"
    The site doesn't work for older guys like me regardless of attitude or physical condition etc.
    The women want to be treated with respect and sure so they should be, but it certainly is not a two way street on the respect thing. As for female profiles being legit...get real. Why would hot women be on here when they will be getting asked out in their day to day lives by every Tom dick and harry weekly?
    Why does every 3rd female profile claim to like anal, 3 somes, dom/sub, fisting, dogging, online fun etc etc I call bullshit! Watch this comment get banned now.