RHP User

RHP User

M33 F32

Swingers parties

February 11 2020

If you’re a newbie couple attending a swingers party - what is the correct etiquette? What is expected of us? Are we able to just play with each other in the presence of others? Are we to stay away until we’re ready to do a full swap?

- Posted from rhpmobile

Comments

• Rlee552

Rlee552

4 years ago

It is wholly your experience. So whatever you are comfortable with, goes. And if anyone makes you feel uncomfortable - call it. Main etiquette is consent. Other is make of it what you want.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

We eventually went to a swingers party after originally being put off by a bad experience at a swingers group Meet-n-Greet party at a bar one night last year, but a few weeks prior to the Meet-n-Greet party we met with with the host of the group (their leader) and he gave us an insight as to what goes on at their party nights (bi-monthly) and it seemed that the whole concept is based on respect, trust and and consent.
    At the parties you are not expected to participate in any sexual activity until
    you feel ready to do so, you don't even have to take your gear off
    immediately, you just mingle and get involved in chats with other
    people, and let things flow until you are ready.
    A few weeks after we walked out of the Meet-n-Greet party at the bar, i got an email from the host inviting us to one of their house parties just to see it for ourselves, with no obligation to stay if we did not feel comfortable.
    This group seemed to have their parties at one of 5 big private homes on a rotation basis, each house had at least 4 or 5 bedrooms for activities, 2 of them had a pool, and all had at least 2 entertainment areas for members to mingle.
    At the house we went to it was just a normal 2 story home with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a big entertainment room under the house near the garage, and each bedroom was made up with a king bed and lots of pillows everywhere.
    We got to mingle for a while, and everyone seemed to take a while before the clothes started coming off and small groups would evolve and head off to couches, corners, and some taking off to the bedrooms.
    We had a wonder around the bedrooms to see what was going on (still dressed) and 2 of the doors were closed, obviously a private session was going on, one bedroom was open with 2 couples romping about on the bed, so this was obviously an open room for others to enter and watch them perform, or participate if it was mutually agreeable by all in the room.
    We found the 4th bedroom empty, so we went inside with our drinks and locked the door, and we just laid on the bed talking things over, and not long after we actually had sex in the bed ourselves for half an hour, then we put our underware back on and walked out of the room feeling pretty good about what we just did, but as we mingled with others i sensed my partner was not so comfortable with the attention she was getting from 2 of the other guys, so we went back to the bedroom to get dressed and there was another couple already in there with the door still open, so when we walked in to get our gear they thought we wanted to join them, so we had to politely let them know we was getting dressed and leaving the party.
    We should have said farewell to everyone there, but we decided to just depart the party and go back home feeling a bit disappointed that it didn't pan out the way we thought it would.

• Ragdata

Ragdata

4 years ago

It's all about respect - respect for yourselves, respect for others, and respect for the venue. You are under no obligation to do anything at all simply because you've attended a club, and even IF you decide to get your gear off, no one has the right to touch you without your consent.

Communicate - especially with the partner you arrived with - and don't take anything for granted. And PLEASE don't be feral - there are some who seem to think that because they're at a club they can drop their standards (leave used condoms lying around, etc). If you wouldn't do it at home, don't do it at a club. Likewise, if you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to someone else.

If everyone behaves respectfully, everyone gets to have a great time.

I hope you have a ball!

• sweetnsensual

sweetnsensual

4 years ago

OSS run newbie nights and the monthly mingles which are a great introduction to the lifestyle. They are no pressure events and you get to meet people in a similiar situation.
    Another option is to attend a meet and greet in a social situation.
    There are many events in NSW.
    RHPCOUNTRY run events as does RHPsocial in Sydney.

Consent is paramount and you can discuss with OSS staff about what happens and the etiquette or pm us
    Hope that helps!

• sweetnsensual

sweetnsensual

4 years ago

Just saw you are in WA so that won’t help lol

• DonnaBrett

DonnaBrett

4 years ago

It pays to check with hosts prior to find out what the format of the party will be and whether it is suitable for newbies. Some parties cater to new people and some parties only cater to the more seasoned players and some parties cater to a mix of both. Each party format has it's place in the scene. For example, We have been swinging for over 20 years so when we host parties we only invite people that we know will play (except in some very rare cases where we are good personal friends with people who are wanting to experiment) because the format of our parties nearly always includes sexy interactive ice breaking games and fun with a no closed room policy. That could scare some newbies off so it's not fair to them nor is it fair to the experienced players who are looking for definite action if there are too many newbies still unsure of what they want.
    So just ask lots of questions before attending any parties or meet ups and you'll navigate your way through this fun world with no problems. We've all been in the newbie seat at some point

• KittyDeluxe

KittyDeluxe

4 years ago

I'm in the kink as well as the swingers scene, so I use the stricter etiquette of kink when at parties or Sensationz.
    Always introduce yourself to anyone you wish to strike up a convo with. If you are there with a partner (casual or otherwise) mention or introduce your partner also.
    Ak permission before physical contact i made - even a hug. I've found it very easy to do this by using language like "Could I give you a hug?" or "Would it be ok to kiss you?" rather than "Id love to hug you/kiss you". The latter puts a little pressure on some people, while the former gets clear responses of yes or no.
    If at any time you feel your non consent is not being respected, let the owner or organiser know this. They want a safe environment for everyone, and sometimes people new to the scene mean no harm, they just don't yet have the experience and knowledge of how things flow in these situations.
    I've found most people are really lovely, friendly and you can have all kinds of conversations and interactions. I've met people at Sensationz and a private party who, while we didn't play, we;ve struck up great friendships outside the scene.
    Take your time, do not do anything you don't want to, and never feel like you have to play or stay. It's your experience, not anyone else's.

• just4fun48

just4fun48

4 years ago

It's up to you what you want to do or are comfortable with, we have done the full swap but we have decided we prefer just the soft swap or threesomes. It's what we are comfortable with.
    At swingers clubs we normally go open room and just end up playing. Very rare will it be pre planned.