86Jasindy

86Jasindy

M38 F43

Sleeping separately, own bedrooms?

May 22 2020

So yesterday, on jjj hack they had a segment on couples having their own bedrooms whist in a relationship.

Apparently, it's only been rather recently (last 50 yrs or so) that in the western world have shared a bed with our loved ones as it used to be seen as not hygienic.

It was really interesting to hear reasons why some sleep separately, I myself have had separate bedrooms with 2 of my ex partners, mainly because I woke for work at 330am and went to bed earlier than he did, and because we together shared 3 or 4 bedroom houses with just the two of us. 1 of which was a horrible snorer, and also sleep acted out his dreams. He would wake and have fist fights with fans, chairs anything in the room in his sleep.

I can't imagine now sleeping separately, but wondering who does, and why it works for you?

- Posted from rhpmobile

Comments

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

4 years ago

HEAVEN!!!!! Would LOVE my own bedroom. No need for it though I guess. Hubby only home on weekends. I'm a light sleeper and he is a snorer. Plus he is a cuddler and I'm practically rainman so I can't stand it lol. I see no issues with whatever sleeping arrangements a family has to be honest. Neither is better than the other.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

We have had our own bedrooms for years now. Woody snores and gets up early and I toss and turn and am up and down all night. It just made sense. Works perfectly well.Pusscat xxx

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

4 years ago

I'm not in the type of relationship where he stays over but I'm happy never to sleep with anyone full time again. I'm a light sleeper and wake up at all hours of the night and early in the morning. I like to have my own space to listen to meditations or audiobooks or read or whatever I want to do. I like cuddles and snuggles and a couple of nights a week together, but a person next to me constantly disturbs me. My dream home would have shared living space but separate quarters so if i wanted to be alone, I could be.

• teamaj2

teamaj2

4 years ago

I couldn’t imagine not sharing a bed with my significant other half . We are both very tactile and we both struggle to sleep when the other isn’t in the bed . When he is away for work it takes me weeks to get used to it . For us nothing better than spooning for a blissful nights sleep .

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Only time ive ever slept separately from my partner is right before the end of my marriage. In my relationships that’s a really bad sign, I love nothing more that falling asleep using his arm for a pillow so if I don’t want that from him chances are its because i font live him.

Not sure how I’d deal with it if I fell for someone who didnt want to share a bed, although I can understand it I think it’d be a dealbreaker.

Ask me again when menapause hits though...😂😂

• funtimescouple1

funtimescouple1

4 years ago

We normally sleep together but swapping partners for the whole night from the bar (where the staff recognise you) to going home to separate rooms and waking up the next morning as such is a lot of fun! Not normally done on first date!

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

As much as I like frequent sex. I also like sleep and not a dead arm everytime I wake up with a significant other using my bicep for a pillow 😂. I haven’t been in many relationships in my life to worry about that stage but would opt for seperate rooms if I had the choice not to sound self centred as I usually am.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Wow..I really lost it at the end there...😂

• 86Jasindy

86Jasindy

4 years ago

Thanx everyone!
    Teamaj exactly how I feel too. I never sleep well if for whatever reason Mr Jasindy isn't next to me, although as I said earlier, in previous relationships it just worked. I love a good spoon, and if i'm half awake getting a little midnight surprise
    Funtimescouple.. We have not done that, I think in my daze I would confuse who is next to me lol Could be fun

Phenox yep I was the same in sleeping separately with the one I married. He was the one who had freaky dreams and acted them out, yes, he was one of those pee in the corner of the room, or the kitchen cutlery draw kind of sleepers, so glad i'm not next to him anymore!
    Coltrain I don't think it makes you sound self centered, afterall I asked the question. Some people just prefer it. Now I think of it, my parents had separate bedrooms when I was growing up too!