Single men: why dont you attend events?

March 17 2021

From running events and attending events.... it’s always the same. Heaps of interest from men, hardly any women, yet on the night, ALL the women and couples come along and we get to spend the night chatting and making new friends, which is great and I enjoy it but am always disappointed more men don’t make the effort.

Why don’t men come along? Do your insecurities hold you back? Because they shouldn’t, come along with the view to making friends and that will happen.

Then.... Maybe more.... but you don’t know until you go!!! Yes, the numbers could be uneven, you might not find someone you like or vice versus but you know what? If you never never go you will never never know!

At the moment, the upcoming events are again heavy with male interest. Let’s see who actually turns up? Men, cone surprise us? We promise to be impressed by your courage 😘

Comments

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

3 years ago

Their wives made dinner plans?🤷‍♀️😜

• Kokoflamingo

Kokoflamingo

3 years ago

Maybe the negativity towards single guys who attend events put them off. Along with the usual $100 entrance fee. If I see any events with the wording " single men , you will be contacted if we need you" I tick that one off. We have a few events going on in Perth this weekend and hopefully there will be single men in attendance :)

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I'm a guest and only just found out that guests don't appear on the Interested list. Maybe some men don't go because they can't SEE there are actually quite a few single women attending/interested? I don't know if the event hosts can see those guests,? $100 is a lot to pay 😐

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Can’t see how the cost would put you off !
    Easy to spend over $100 at bar and most events are byo so work out the same as a night at a normal bar .

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I have thought of going to events but I imagine as a single guy I wouldn’t be as welcome and wanted as a couple or single woman. I would feel like an extra hanging around and a creep for talking to people. Hopefully I can be invited one day and be proved wrong?

• Freaky_Fun

Freaky_Fun

3 years ago

It's not just events that cost $100. Meet and Greets and social nights they don't attend either. That's why l never go by the interested list.

I also host parties/events and its like pulling teeth to get men to attend. And at mine they pay the same as single females and less than couples. So that's no excuse.

I like men l want them at my parties. In saying that the ones that do attend l vet hard and are always gentlemen.

So why don't they attend. Who knows 🤷‍♀️
    My theory is they're all talk. I found the difference with women we will generally get our hair done or buy a new outfit etc. Make an effort. And we're not wasteing that shit.

It's hard work making sure the single men are comfortable where the women will chat to other women even if they don't know them. Not all of them mind you, l have had awesome men attend my parties but l make sure they're able to hold a conversation before an invite.

FF 🥰

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

drquokka,
    My experience is as long as you are polite and can hold a semi intelligent conversation, you won’t come across as creepy .

• 12Gauge

12Gauge

3 years ago

I think most of the single males have too much expectation, going to an event, don’t talk to anyone, and pretend to get lucky. They will obviously disappointed and never show up again.
    I love attending events as single, unfortunately living to far from the city to attend frequently.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I attend as much as I am comfortable with....but I don’t register interest unless I’m planning to attend.

The social meet and greets held in Melbourne cost me on average $500...inclusive of fuel, accomodation, drinks, food etc.

Interstate ones are more expensive but I only attend on social grounds for the most part....

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 years ago

Maybe because they have options, just like single women and couples. Lots of things can happen between registering and the actual date (kids, work, secret wife, 1:1 meet etc). There should be no pressures or obligation till they have actually paid and committed. People can change their minds. I know myself, I have registered for events, then at the last minute choosen an overtime shift or a 1:1 meet, rather than a large group. When I've worked it out, I'm actually in front. The example I have stated, could be for single men. Who knows? At the end of the day, does it really matter? As long as you have fun and play safe because it's all about you. :)
    Ms Foxy

• wanderlustQLD

wanderlustQLD

3 years ago

As a straight single woman attending events, I wish those single guys would turn up too!

• SpicyKale

SpicyKale

3 years ago

For the bi guys out there we’ve seen single guys have success at bi specific events! “By the bi’s” pendulum parties at OSS in Sydney and the rainbow parties at the Rabbit Hole in Adelaide. Mix and mingle, a number will only be looking for couples and ladies, but as a complete introvert I’d be comfortable as a single guy at either! Awesome events run by beautiful humans🥰

• 3SM_Events

3SM_Events

3 years ago

I always select less men to attend events for a number of reasons, mostly due to the single women. I used to try for an even split then noticed a lot of the single women aren’t interested in the single men and would rather play with other women in couples or groups. Another trend is for single women to register then the week of the event ask to bring a plus one, thus skewing the numbers once again. The single women are also most likely to no show. Thus I usually go for a 2-1 ratio when it comes to planning singles. Again this is solely my experience, others may be different but its a fairly standard pattern over the last few years. In saying that, for the amount who register finding some new blood to actually attend is like pulling teeth.

• badboyhere

badboyhere

3 years ago

It is a very interesting question. As other responders have mentioned could be for various reasons. I am not single but attend events as a married guy on my own as parties and events are not a thing my wife is interested in. However when I have attended it really isn’t an easy thing to do. I am naturally a very shy person and some have responded “just be yourself and chat to people”. I have tried this myself and generally the conversation generally drys up and you find the usual known groups forming at the event and the single guys tend to get left out of the conversations unless they are know to the ladies or couples from previous 1-on-1 meet ups or they are very attractive to the ladies like very alpha, good physique etc and then they are usually welcomed pretty quickly. I noticed that the single guys generally start to disperse over the event and leave through the feeling of rejection and I too can advise that I have experienced this feeling too at the events I have attended and have rarely stayed unless I have been fortunate enough to find a conversation topic that is welcomed by the attendees. I have to say that it has really put me off attending further events as it really becomes quite embarrassing, and I sense other guys at these events tend to go through this same experience. This might explain why some sign up but don’t end up attending for the fear of falling into the same rejection loop at the next party. It really plays heavily in your mind and you end up giving up.

• badboyhere

badboyhere

3 years ago

I might add to that you never want to seem or feel like the creepy dude in the corner watching others fuck and this can explain the gradual numbers of guys decreasing through the night too. I too don’t want to be one of the creepy dudes in the corner and mixed with the comment I mentioned above, this is a big detractor from attending events as a guy.

• EtherealMagician

EtherealMagician

3 years ago

For me I have been trying to get to an event for a few months now. For some reason the planets don’t align and I never get there. In the meantime I have been able to think about what I have been expecting and realised that expectations lead to disappointment so now I have no expectations.

Also I live 3 hours away from where these events are held so it’s a whole day commitment. I also have nowhere to stay in the city so have to drive home after the event.

It’s a real commitment.

• pieadventures

pieadventures

3 years ago

As a single guy I don’t express interest unless I intend to attend and if I say I am going I show up. I can be shy, but my curiosity for people and their stories or adventures gets me chatting, but this is usually boosted by a little liquid courage. I joke that my super power is always showing up, as I have heard from friends and hosts that a lot don’t. At the start I was super nervous, but I found people generally quite friendly at events and willing to answer questions about the lifestyle. My biggest challenge is getting the events I want to go to lined up with my weekends off!

• RHPCountry

RHPCountry

3 years ago

We hardly have any single guys attend our events as well
    Even though they are only charged a nominal fee but get lots of interest but they are no shows

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Last time around when I was I RHP I decided to attend some events and the experience was very negative.

There is one example of where I submitted my interest and the organisor put all the single men into a kik group and demanded that we all show our face and body shots in the group. I explained I was happy to do this individually but was told these were the rules and expectations. When I denied I was promptly removed. This is just one example.

Typically people see single guys as meat as they is an abundance of them and simple respect goes out the window.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

As a single male new to RHP who has never attended any events or parties yet, I have found this thread somewhat encouraging as I thought there would be swarms of single men attending these events.
    In hindsight, it makes sense that if single ladies attend, some may want to meet single men, not just couples or other ladies.
    My question is more in relation to age. As a younger looking and feeling single averagely built 56 year old, will I still be welcomed?
    I’m confident that my social skills and cheeky sense of humour help me to converse with almost anyone... more so if I know I will be greeted with a smile rather than a frown.
    I’m still navigating the site and have only seen the meets advertised on the Events page... I would love to know of others that would welcome me here in Melbourne. Apologies if this is a cheeky question to ask here!

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

I don't know where you are from, but in Perth the admission price is normally more expensive for Males. One reason for this is to curb the amount of unwanted attention, that I have neen told.

• Performance

Performance

2 years ago

I would love to attend an event , how do i find these events , i am located in Broadbeach