Shower thoughts - question

August 07 2024

I'm thinking about giving couples a go as a single woman, it'll be a first, question is - when it comes to dates do the couples pay for the single woman or does she pay herself?

I have worded this absolutely terribly!.

Comments

• Alexis

Alexis

a month ago

I don’t think we have cultural norms around this kind of thing because a couple dating a single woman isn’t a culturally normal thing to do.

I’d turn up expecting to pay for yourself and be pleasantly surprised if they offer for you. Rather than expecting them to pay and being disappointed if they don’t.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a month ago

Always pay your own way, that way there's no obligation.

Or just wait till the bill arrives then discuss.

Ms Foxy

• NatSquared

NatSquared

a month ago

Everyone we've met with has preferred to pay for themselves, as do we. We're all adults who want to be there after all. The key exceptions would be for something special or if we're treating a friend we invited out.

If you want to be treated out then I suggest discussing it upfront, I know I'd be annoyed if it was sprung on us last minute.

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

a month ago

This shouldn't even be a thought. Pay your own way .... As the couple will do ...... To me, it would be Just as weird if a couple was having this thought.

• NeoAndTrin

NeoAndTrin

a month ago

It would probably be dependant on the kind of date.

If you're meeting up initially for a drink or 2 I wouldn't mind paying for 1 to 2 drinks.

If it's at a seafood restaurant and you're ordering lobster, then you're on your own!

• Rtbgs

Rtbgs

a month ago

My husband and I had dinner with a lovely lady over the weekend and we paid for her dinner. It’s something that we offered to be polite but I think it depends on the couple. Maybe just expect to pay for yourself but if they offer then that’s awesome too.

• haveheart

haveheart

a month ago

I'd expect anyone we meet - regardless of their relationship status to pay their own way. Its no ones responsibility to pay for anyone else ever.

• LittleMissShhh

LittleMissShhh

a month ago

Just to clear some confusion up - I have no qualms of paying my own way.

As the post says - Shower Thoughts - I was thinking about swinging and came onto Unicorns and how that works when it came to courtship and dating.

It appears I may have ruffled a few feathers potentially that or I am reading way to into it

• Inflation

Inflation

a month ago

A big Mac meal dosent cost that much does it?
    Fast food, fast love? Jokes.

I enjoy spoiling those I'm with, so I'm paying.

• Cococurves

Cococurves

a month ago

I pay my own way and I make my own way. That way I can leave if I need to and I don’t owe anybody anything

• gazpacho

gazpacho

a month ago

That’s very cute.

Pay for yourself, as in any modern relationship

• Banditcouple

Banditcouple

22 days ago

When we've invited a single out to meet with us, without hesitation we buy them a drink or 2 and an entree/light snack while we are chatting and breaking the ice.

• RHP User

RHP User

11 days ago

Hi, just interested in girl on girl.
    New to all this.. have only just kissed one other girl

• HailLauren

HailLauren

4 days ago

It depends on the dynamic but I normally pay my own way in that situation