Round 2 Lockdowns - what have you learnt from 2020?

January 08 2021

How crazy are we going to be this time around?

Stuck at work when notified & lower staff leave with excuse of getting to shops. Not enough food for 3 days?

Wil toilet paper still be a hot item?
What you think will be?

Will it be longer than 3 days?

What upskilling (physical/ mental/ other) did you learn, or feel comes in handy this time?

My "who the fck is crazy/ stupidity" radar honed up & its just two steps to the side & walk on.

Comments

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 years ago

Nothing as changed much for me as I'm a front line worker and will continue to work. Same shit, different day.
    Ms Foxy

• MsJonesy

MsJonesy

3 years ago

Three days?! Try 100+ days 😖

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I’d say it will go on for longer then 3 days,
    Just takes one more person to text positive,
    Yesterday was a good show how many people want to panic buy or leave the area

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

So far I’ve learned that this whole situation is a massive croc of shit, I’ve also learned how it was so easy for Hitler to do what he did.. hopefully I’ve learned enough to stay out of the way of the current madness and be able to keep doing my own thing reasonably unaffected, so far so good 😊

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 years ago

What I have learnt is, that some people can be real down right Fuck heads and defiant entittled bratts, when it comes to the laws during lockdowns, grocery shopping etc. It is a shame Lockdowns bring out the worst in people.
    Ms Foxy

• teamaj2

teamaj2

3 years ago

What did we learn from last year ?
    Firstly , we are essential workers so we were grateful to be gainfully employed. Myself , I work in the medical field and I sadly learnt that some are selfish . Perhaps you may be thinking I should have known that. I like to have faith in people doing the right thing . One example , a patient of ours a nurse on the covid ward insisted she wanted to come to the clinic where I work even though a nurse on her ward had contacted covid a few days prior . Long story short we declined multiple times. She contracted the virus is still not well . She kept insisting that at age 25 , she was young , fit and wouldn’t contract the virus .
    Last year as Super foxy also said brought out the best and the worst in people . Random acts of kindness restored my faith in man kind .
    I’ve always loved living in Australia . Last year made me even more grateful . Other countries doing it a lot worse than us . Day at a time all we can do . Stay safe everyone . Ax

• Mask_007

Mask_007

3 years ago

I learn that is extremely hard to be single,with no fwb, and a emergency services worker. Absolutely suck!!!!!
    I had to abstain for away too long... is not nice at all.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Well shit, I'm in WA and all I can say is that we've done incredibly well here, as much as there have been various mistakes, we have not had widespread community spread and for that I count my lucky stars that we have had a clear run pretty much.

Yes, we had the same stupid rush for the 5 day shutdown, masks were the hot item. I watched the prices on facebook groups and pages go from 5 to 20 dollars each in a matter of days as people had to head back to head back to work, and the following week school as well.

I became a volunteer which I can do from home and feel much more satisfied inside and at peace that I am making a place in the world. I learned to be satisfied that people will believe what they will and that has nothing to do with me. I smile, as much as it might be a wry smile. ;-)

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Testing

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

testing

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Checking