bliss2

bliss2

M53 F53

Rhp drinks nights in Sydney

June 09 2020

Hey. Any idea when we could have another rhp drinks evening. It’s been too long between meets. Lets make up for some lost time, please.

- Posted from rhpmobile

Comments

• Tall74nHard9

Tall74nHard9

4 years ago

if it was actually west of the bridge for a change (and not just by a few metres).
    Tall

• rhpsocialsydney

rhpsocialsydney

4 years ago

The next drinks is on Friday 10 July. Numbers will be limited due to COVID restrictions but it will be going ahead.

• bliss2

bliss2

4 years ago

yeahhh, looking forward to the evening.

• Tall74nHard9

Tall74nHard9

4 years ago

Quoting 'rhpsocialsydney'
    The next drinks is on Friday 10 July. Numbers will be limited due to COVID restrictions but it will be going ahead.

Checked it out - new CITY location. We don't all live within walking distance of the City - how about something for those of us that live somewhat further out ???
    Tall

• SpicyKale

SpicyKale

4 years ago

What is it about not crossing bridges over there! We'd kill to have one organised over here that we could get along to... Hell, we've even managed to get along to a Sydney one before we've found anything locally! If we weren't such introverts we'd even help organise😂

• Tall74nHard9

Tall74nHard9

4 years ago

From my point it is not about crossing bridges, but there has been a definite bias about the location of meet / drinks night in our fair city. From memory, all organized drink nights have been held in the Sydney city itself. Handy for some but not for others. In my own circumstances as an example, going to a city meet takes around 2 hours via public transport and walk to venue. I would have to leave no later than 10 pm in order to make sure I can get a bus back home from the train station. In the end, just not worth the effort. Can of course drive and park (with exorbitant parking fees), but then fall foul of drink driving . No win situation in either case.
    The bridge here is of a north / south orientation, which also is the rough divide between the well-off and others. East of the bridge is for the richer folk - west of the bridge for the more general society.
    Tall

• SpicyKale

SpicyKale

4 years ago

Fair call from an inclusivity stand point! From an outsiders perspective, Sydneysiders have it quite good. You've even got the rhp country guys doing stuff around Dubbo etc... I think they even arranged meet'n'greets in Newcastle and Wollongong before covid hit. Not much here, especially not organised by the pie. Just one of those things I suppose and we can't really complain unless we put our hands up to help out either.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

So get an airbnb or hotel near the venue, for the night, geez.

• Dex1473

Dex1473

4 years ago

Cool we have put ourselves down as looking forward to getting out again

• SpicyKale

SpicyKale

4 years ago

Surf, maybe that's tall's point... you shouldn't need to spend that much to be involved in this. A night out for us is two $70 uber fares, so we might as well get a hotel room. We can afford it and make the occasional kid free night of it, others can't!

• rhpsocialsydney

rhpsocialsydney

4 years ago

Hi guys,
    The reason the meet and greet drinks are in the city is because its central to everyone. We have them in venues close to public transport and parking.
    They start from 7pm and finish midnight so that gives members attending plenty of time if they need to travel via train or bus.
    It's also FREE to attend the event remember!
    If anyone would like to co host one in another area please feel free to contact us via message to our profile and we can discuss it further .

• Tall74nHard9

Tall74nHard9

4 years ago

Quoting 'rhpsocialsydney'
    Hi guys,
    The reason the meet and greet drinks are in the city is because its central to everyone. We have them in venues close to public transport and parking.
    They start from 7pm and finish midnight so that gives members attending plenty of time if they need to travel via train or bus.
    It's also FREE to attend the event remember!
    If anyone would like to co host one in another area please feel free to contact us via message to our profile and we can discuss it further .

I refer you to my above reply to SpicyKale with regards to travelling etc.
    The City is not really the centre of the metro area - that is more along the lines of Parramatta these days. As mentioned in my response, for me to attend a function in Sydney takes around 2 hours travelling by public transport plus walk. Even though the event may continue until around midnight, I would have to leave before 10pm to make connections to get back home. Not much of a night out by then.
    Coming by car of course is quicker, but that comes with the cost of expensive parking and very limited drinking. As suggested by one about staying in town for the night also makes it a more expensive night, especially for those of us on limited income. Whilst I appreciate the efforts put into such events and a number of people do get there to enjoy them, there are probably equal numbers who find it not feasible to attend.
    Cheers,Tall

• rhpsocialsydney

rhpsocialsydney

4 years ago

The meet and greet drinks will be staying in the vicinity of the city for now. Until someone would like to co host it in an other area this will be the only area for it :)

• Castlereadyplay

Castlereadyplay

4 years ago

do they have one of these nights in melbourne