Paying with Cash These Days

February 07 2024

Not even remotely sexual this one...

I had some cash and started using it at cafes and random places. Aside from the obvious bonus of not paying merchant fees, I noticed frequently change was received rounded in my favour. Perhaps cash is not trendy right now so they don't carry much and it's easier to round up rather than find coins?

For example, I took ze kid for breakfast before school today and paid with a $50 for a $35.20 table. I received $15 straight change instead of the $14.80.

Small numbers but they can add up. And it's happened a handful of times recently.

Anyone else seen this and maybe had a healthy rounding in their favour?

Comments

• Alexis

Alexis

3 months ago

I worked briefly as a human statue and I'd make about $600 a weekend, the vast majority of it in coins. Then I got a labouring job and had to buy some steel capped boots.

I paid with 109 $1 coins, they were less than impressed 😂😂

• Yellowpenguins

Yellowpenguins

3 months ago

Hmm no,can't say this has happened to me. Interesting 🤔

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

No.

Ms Foxy

• nightingale8

nightingale8

3 months ago

Another healthy rounding is your card purchase history can’t be used to push you to make more purchases. That’s the real bonus. I know this and yet I only carry a phone as my wallet. I’ll sell my soul for a little convenience.

• JustStephTuls

JustStephTuls

3 months ago

💯

Was on the road recently, tried motels by simply dropping in with cash. Not only did I get rounded up change, I got discounts due to no booking fees.

Now THERE’S a King 💰😁

• KinkDom

KinkDom

3 months ago

If we lose cash we lose our freedom. They will have the ability to shut you down whenever they want to. Canada have proven that. They will know every thing you purchase everywhere you go and then there will be what you can and can't do and can and can't go. Don't use your ph to pay for things or your card and if they don't take it ( but they should have to) go somewhere that does. If we don't use it we are going to lose it and that's scary

• Lullah

• Lullah

• Lullah