No shows and Ghosts .

February 29 2024

Just wanting to vent a little. Why do some guys feel the need to ghost or not bother to show up after arranging a meet. I understand the nerves and such. But it can get quite annoying and a little disappointing when you arrange to meet, and end up sitting for ages, only to be ghosted. Or worse still , booking and paying for a room and then get a message 10 minutes before meeting , that something has come up.. we have even gotten messages just deleted and disappeared after giving access to our private albums. Are these just pic collectors, or big talkers on the app and then crumble under reality… We may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Nor do we expect an obligatory reply if we message first. I’m talking about ghosting and ignoring after a fair bit of back and forth. Anyway, rant over, and the room didn’t go to waste. We had a nice night down the Gold Coast , just the two of us…

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

2 months ago

Yes it's a shame some people treat others like this and it would be disappointing.

I do have to ask what lengths you have gone to protect against this happening. Unfortunately as much as we would like to trust everyone online it's really a mine field of time wasters with a sprinkle of genuine people mixed in. We tend to put everyone into the same category until they prove otherwise ( and happy for others to put us in the untrusted category at first as typically two genuine people make quick work of assuring each other) the time wasters typically have difficulties getting there shit together from there end.

A few. Things that have helped us minimise being messed around.

Only agree to meet people if they are willing to meet you in a public space without expectations first.

Always get confirmation said person..people are good to meet at time and place agreed. If they can't confirm just before...don't leave home. Saved us lots of times...

Never book a hotel or similar without having met a person socially first and built some trust they can turn up to a date.

Make it clear to people if at any stage you are not feeling it...just tell us as we will be totally fine with that....just let us know To often people will take the ghost approach as they are not sure of the outcome or negative backlash of mentioning they have changed their minds....for a number of reasons.

Overall just minimising the ability for others to mess you about is possible and stick to your rules untill people have proven they are trustworthy.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

Glad you had a back up plan!

Here's my 5 golden rules I go by:
    RULE 101: Never book anything unless there's a backup plan in place.
    RULE 102: People ghost because they can. Move on if they ghost.
    RULE 103: NEVER EVER get emotionally invested in messages. It's not until you met face-to-face.
    RULE 104: NEVER EVER exchange pics until one has met face-to-face.
    RULE 105: Play safe!

Ms Foxy

• Chilledsolo

Chilledsolo

2 months ago

Hey 👋

Yeh, not nice!
    We all understand that sometimes life happens, but RHP is pretty notorious for no shows.
    They could at least message yeh!

Definitely agree with the suggestions above about bookings etc, or you could always use a swingers club or events as back ups. There will be like minded people right in front of you and if things click even better.

• Libertine001

Libertine001

2 months ago

This isn't a gender things, happens with both sexes.
    A lot of males on here (which far outnumber women on this site) are actually married or have no intention of ever meeting up, just an ego boost as there's no attention at home.

Hard to know if someone will turn up but that comes down to refining your vetting process before meeting anyone.

Libertine

• RachWandered

RachWandered

2 months ago

I’ve wanted to compile a list of greatest flake hits …

Bangers like

“Sorry babe got held up at work”

And

“Sorry babe stuck working”

Oh crud … they’re pretty generic aren’t they??

• RachWandered

RachWandered

2 months ago

Oh I guess there’s always “car trouble”
    Give Tracy Chapman a run for her money …
    🤣🤣
    I’m hilarious!

• tryus30

tryus30

2 months ago

We find video chat works well for us because of our location. And if they are serious it’s not a drama just another way of weeding out the tyre kickers 😁

• RagnarPrime

RagnarPrime

2 months ago

Everyone has variations on the reason they’re here. Most we’ll never know as our own seem to be the most logical to us.

A journey of sexual exploration outside the relationship will likely yield head-scratching outcomes but also some exceedingly worthwhile ones.

It’s no different to dating as a single - ppl flake and always have done. We just learn to spot the signals and tweak our methods to drive better results.

Personally, I look for engagement through conversation as a minimum. Things like taking an interest in me as a person as I do them. If I organise a room I’m more than happy to wear the cost if something happens. It rarely does but as some have alluded to here, meeting for chats and coffee first gives you a greater sense of how serious someone is. Body language always tells the real story of intention.

Should someone no-show, I’ll get a double pepperoni and pineapple pizza, bottle of Shiraz and enjoy some me time. Not a bad plan B.

• Happytoplease

Happytoplease

2 months ago

Wow sounds like the weeknd we just had 🙄 we are not pushy we are take us or leave us kind of people we did mention we were going to get a room but we would meet at the bar first have a brink see if we click then take it back to the room ( no obligation was also mentioned she was a female btw) then we noticed she turned her messages off didn't delete us but no way of messaging to see if she was still coming...we are fairly new so lesson learnt i guess 🤷‍♀️

• Titsntatts4561

Titsntatts4561

a month ago

We only play with MF couples. As part of that we ask that the females talk on the phone before organising anything. If you can't talk on the phone you're not going to meet for sex. Whenever we break this rule, it bites us. "My missus doesn't like talking" gets you blocked.