Ever bump into a profile of someone you know?

January 25 2024

So there's a solid chance I've come across a profile of some one I know from "the outside". I feel like that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, however it's the "how I know them" that could potentially complicate things. Long story short, they're a regular invitee at my work parties and functions. Kinda makes me worried of a "don't crap where you eat" situation. That said, the thrill of a secret fling is pretty tempting.

Any one with advice or been in a similar situation?

Comments

• ElectricDreamers

ElectricDreamers

3 months ago

We bumped into a colleague the first time we went to a club... it wasn't as awkward as expected.

Have exchanged facepics with a couple who turned out to be old friends and yes have spotted more than 1 single guy we know from 'real life'.

• Lostyanumber

Lostyanumber

3 months ago

If you see them first and you're not sure about things you can block them before they even know that you're here.

• Blueflamingo

Blueflamingo

3 months ago

I used to work in hospitality, Cafes and bars. I've had a few customers recognise me and hinted they've seen me on here. I felt a bit awkward because I've always kept business and pleasure completely seperate.

• teamaj2

teamaj2

3 months ago

You maybe surprised how many people you will know . They are here too remember .
    The first ever event we attended was a nerve wracking experience, only to be met a front gate by a guy I went to high school with .
    I work in a medical clinic and I’ve seen patients on RHP. Obviously, I say nothing . It pays to be discreet .
    Then came the big surprise . I was at work years ago and a colleague of mine came straight out and asked me . We did attend a few events together . It turned out to be a good thing . It was nice to have someone to discuss which events to attend etc
    Good luck here . Ax

• fun2behere

fun2behere

3 months ago

Yes and it requires complete discretion. For me, a couple of friends and even a relative. Over lunch one day with a female work colleague the subject came up and turned out she was active in the BDSM/kink scene. At an event I chatted to a well known television personality without mentioning I recognised them. You would never pick them is what I always say. I know of one case where a couple was outed to the woman's brother. The brother was entirely cool about it and the person who blabbed not welcome any more for the breach of trust. Your sexual preferences are private.

• ArtsyLusttty

ArtsyLusttty

3 months ago

Hi OP,

Yes, I have bumped into one profile of someone who I know of from work but we are good friend outside work.

And, years ago I attended one big swingers party and bumped into someone from work but we really respected with each other at work and outside life.

Artsy 😊

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

3 months ago

Being a long time member, both Hubby and I have had this happen quite a few times. Work colleagues, family, friends and even one of the kid's sports coaches lol. Never had any issues and in fact, played with a few of them regularly after we all recognise each other. Only one negative experience with being spotted. And that was some awful single woman that used to work admin for my husband. She took it upon herself to report him to HR on the ground's of a Morality Clause breach, which everyone in upper management and executives had to sign. She had wrongly made an assumption that he was cheating and conducting himself in "ways unbecoming". Instead outting herself as a very manipulative nasty woman who hasn't had another job in Mining, Oil or Gas since. Her reputation clearly precedes her. She's still actively using the same site as a Catfish 🤣
    So, short story long..... Its no biggy to recognise or bump into people you know IRL and often works out really well.... Even if its just for a few awkward giggles.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

Happens to me all the time!
    I've been out grocery shopping with my daughter and some random has said Hi to me. I've ignored.
    My workplace is full of RHPers. Some state they are single, infact they are the opposite! They creep me out the most. I just block. I don't say anything, nor bring up conversation to coworkers.
    However there is one co-worker who has tried to engage with me being on here. His profile states he's single but I know for a fact he is married with children. He tried engaging by telling me a story how him and his mate, regularly see a married woman on the side during the day: goes bareback with her.
    It's so innappropriate in a workplace. Funny, how I rejected him and refuse to go near him, he has the hide to call me fridget. Lol! What a filthy grott.
    I really don't care what others think of me on here or try to slut shame me. I just don't care.

Ms Foxy

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

There's a very well known FB group (both sexes have it), where people have taken screenshots of profiles on here, ask about tea on that person or they've just exchanged messages (never met the person) and absolutely publicly shame the shit out of them, as well as show exchanges of private messages.
    I don't like that sort of behavour.
    Being on social media, nothing is ever private. Being out in public, nothing is ever private. OP, if it doesn't work out with the lady, be prepared for consequences.

Ms Foxy

• nightingale8

nightingale8

3 months ago

An ex colleague of mine and his wife are here. While he was on my team, I met with him over coffee and shared stories which was fun. We all later met casually together in couples which was nice. I even went out with his wife to some bars/club socially to check out some men, also nice. He’s a sub/slave so we never got it on and I turned down threesome ideas because I didn’t want to swing that way with her. Seems I was too friendly with him (no sexual advances) and instead of telling me her problem she told my male manager and ex manager of my activities here! Working in a professional role, my reputation is important and like to think I’m well respected. I certainly don’t need workplace advances. I really was quite heartbroken by her betrayal and felt it so vicious to go after my reputation and finances instead of just having it out with me. Confusingly, she was sweet to my face all the way to the end. (I confronted her about telling the managers and she denied it. My ex manager said otherwise). Casual sex to me is just sex but friendship is much more. I guess I learned not to mix work and play, by any stretch!

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

Has not happened as yet. But I would think it a distinct advantage if I did as at least one female here would know I am completely who I say I am and knows that I am a damn good bloke