Emojis texting

August 18 2021

Do people prefer if they talk in emojis or talk in text?
And do people prefer sentences with what they have been up to or paragraphs with everything clumped together as what has been happening?
asking because the second one does confuse me a little

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I prefer a balanced combination. I use the basic emojis to provide context to my texts, and my responses here.

So if I end my comment with “😂😂” you can be rest assured I’m intending that comment to be seen in good jest, and I’d expect those whom communicate with me can construct decent sentences but they don’t need to be perfect….

• Kokoflamingo

Kokoflamingo

3 years ago

Im not 15 so I prefer to receive well written messages. A simple hello and a bit about themselves and what they are looking for is fine with me.

• SpicyKale

SpicyKale

3 years ago

👉🍩🍆💦😳 might be amusing to send to your wife at work, but not from someone you don’t know! As Koko said, well written messages by a mile… once you know us well, a decent gif might work 😳

• Sweet_Cherry_Pie

Sweet_Cherry_Pie

3 years ago

I’m not fluent in emoji. I’m pretty good at English though so prefer that,. Perhaps with a relevant emoji or 2 as an addition.
    If the message is full of lines of emojis, I won’t take the time to interpret it.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I don’t like it when people write sentences like, “I read a 📖” or “I read a book 📖”, but if they were to write “I read a book 😊” that’d be fine because they’re using the emoji to express how they feel, not to be lazy or simple.
    Also when the write “book 📖” it makes me wonder if they think I’m simple and need pictures to go with my words, lol. It just seem a bit primary school to me, whereas the emotion based emojis can be used to change the whole meaning of a sentence...a bit like punctuation I guess.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I thought, “being that this is about language I should proof read that...” then hit “post” and went to proof read it afterwards. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    For the millionth time Phoenix, YOU CAN’T EDIT COMMENTS HERE. 😂

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Call me old fashioned..but I find words work.pretty well 😁👍

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

do people actually rely solely on emojis for messaging? I guess you don't need to worry about language barrier but it would be an instant swipe left for me.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I like a good mix provided they’re used correctly and the other person can write properly too. I can feel the emotion behind an emoji instead of the text or acronyms ROLF or FML.. which is where the voyeur comes out in me 🙃

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 years ago

I'm a visual learner.
    🤷‍♀️
    Ms Foxy