Do people ‘pick-up’ face-to-face anymore?

March 01 2024

Me and my partner were at a concert the other night. We were pretty sure the woman we were dancing near was keen on getting to know us a little more than just the chit chat we were having. But do people actually pick up face-to-face anymore? Would have it been weird to ask for or give our number? We have only met people via RHP or Swingers events!

Comments

• Sawadee

Sawadee

2 months ago

Face to face is still my preferred way to strike up a conversation . So for me ' yes its still a thing to pick up someone if l fancy them.. l had a couple in Phuket strike up a conversation once.. pretty obvious what they were about when hubby told me his wife likes Aussie guys.. Only that Mrs S was waiting for me at our hotel it could of been interesting.. Opportunities occassionly happen , you dont want to waste them..

• RHP User

RHP User

2 months ago

The power of suggestion, doesn’t hurt to ask or state what you are thinking as long as it’s done with respect and in a non seedy way. Most people are flattered by the attention even if it’s not their thing.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

Absolutely they do!

Ms Foxy 😇😎😈

• countrytouch82

countrytouch82

2 months ago

It's never happened at some random, general public situation, but if you are counting pre organised meet and greets, then yes. Technically such events pre advertised online, as opposed to chance encounters going about one's day. However, in such cases I would tend to meet women that are either at work, or while I am, neither strongly advised to do (make a solicitation).

• Libertine001

Libertine001

2 months ago

Online is a false world when talking to strangers and it's only when you meet in person is when you really know.

Libertine

• RachWandered

RachWandered

2 months ago

Yup
    I do
    In fact this is a bit safer as I tend to be a tad impulsive…

• RagnarPrime

RagnarPrime

2 months ago

No, it’s harder to show someone your cock in a crowded pub.

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

2 months ago

Yep. We do. As a couple and as solo's.
    It's even easier than online because you can't hide anything face to face.

• OZnAsia

OZnAsia

2 months ago

We would have definitely given our number or asked for hers..
    We really enjoy meeting friends organically, however we love being here in the mix with other lifestylers too.
    Pro's and cons both ways :)

• Yellowpenguins

Yellowpenguins

2 months ago

I would have no idea . I don't think I've ever been picked up in real life except for two occasions that led to relationships and if I have , I've been oblivious 😅

• Yellowpenguins

Yellowpenguins

2 months ago

I , Myself would be too shy to pick someone up in public. How do you know if they are already taken ?🤔

• Sexualfun

Sexualfun

2 months ago

It's much easier if you wear a black ring on your right hand to let others know your willing to see if everyone agrees and comfortable. If only everyone did how easy would the guessing game be

• RHP User

RHP User

a month ago

Owning a bar i see alot of tinder/bumble/hinge dates and i think the "go to a bar and chat up people" is on the decline because of these apps. The face to face does happen though because there are still clubs, bars, gyms and all these places were sexy and fun people are. I think that the social media generation has dumbed down the "chat up" people thing in real life because everyone is behind a stupid screen these days....i am behind one now typing this!
    The other thing about the face to face thing is i have experienced in my time being out and about with great music is the key as if you are vibing and having a good time that energy will attract someone....people love to see other people smiling and enjoying themselves :)

• welfedunlovd

welfedunlovd

25 days ago

Been on here two years havent met anyone from rhp i like my live bands and and girls getting jiggy with it just so easy to start a conversation