Catfished and concerned.

June 30 2023

Hey RHP community.

Just thought we'd share our experience on here in hopes that we can help others.
We got catfished. Its pretty shocking for us and we're concerned that some loser out there has got pix and videos of us and sad thing is, there's nothing we can do about it. We don't think they saved our photos or videos, but we do know there are apps out there to secretly record without notifying the people sending

We've been looking for some fun as a couple on here for a few months now and we get that iit s a competitive space and it's surprisingly hard to get the attention of someone when you have to rely on a few best pictures and a written bio but we finally found someone on here and started chatting and we moved our convo onto another platform to chat. Snapchat.

Because lets face it, Snapchat is pretty useful for that....

we start talking about what we want from here, what we wanna do. etc Before you know it. we're sharing some cheeky photos and videos. I guess it does state on our profile that we like doing that, Of course with consent but when we were chatting to this person, we noticed they never sent actual photos or videos of themselves back except for the format of a saved photo. I can understand why some people would keep a few old photos and videos of themselves but this was the only way.

Over the last few days we finally asked how come you they haven't sent anything live and then mentioned their snapchat score was low. all videos and pix from them was saved from phone. they suddenly went cold! we checked their profile here on RHP, and it was gone! Vanished! Then they left our snapchat group convo.

So what we know, is someone has taken someone elses personal images and videos, using them to pose as someone else and taken us for a ride, while watching us. Its scary.

Be careful out there, everyone. Don't end up like us, Don't send anything cheeky until you got 100% proof the other person your chatting to is legit.

Comments

• tiffyos

tiffyos

10 months ago

Unfortunately this happens to often, some profiles are easy to spot as a catfisher, others play a really detailed game and do unfortunately get some things you'd rather not share to a mystery player. We've been done several times, we're now a little more restricted in the type of images we show.
    Very true, only go sa far, before you actually meet someone.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

10 months ago

Rule 101: Snapchat!
    I can't highlight that enough.
    Worst app EVER.

If you screen well, there's no need to take conversations to another platform or APP. Use the chat room here. That way you can have video chats etc.
    IMO: I don't exchange explicit pics till I have met face to face or am intimate with them. No exchange of pictures are ever safe!

Ms Foxy

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

10 months ago

Ps: Hope you reported them. I'm pretty sure the history of Messages on here, can be retrieved by the IT Team.

Ms Foxy

• Cucknshells

Cucknshells

10 months ago

I am sorry to hear that. It happens to the best of us. It does make you feel exposed and vulnerable. I often use reverse image search to see if their photos are of them or not. However, that doesn't always work. I actually met a person who was a catfish. They used to post in the forums and invented this whole other persona. Luckily he wasn't malicious and was just looking to get his dick wet. There are some really strange people out there. Hope you are going OK and this doesn't deter you from meeting other people. Shells xx

• Hotwife71

Hotwife71

10 months ago

We have bern doing this for 13 years now. Will never send a face pic as a mother, that's never going to happen. We have only been lucky a handful of times.

But we have been burnt plenty in the beginning, ie: chatting for weeks etc, etc. and silence or booking a hotel and not showing up.

Now, they agreee to meet within a few days (weekend) or it's not happening. You can't tell me a Supposedly single guys ultimate fanatsy and they have something more important in life then having sex with a hotwife. Ok, maybe a wedding or a funeral, but that's it, as soon as the excuses start, we are done.

As for Validations, take them with a grain of salt.

• RHP User

RHP User

10 months ago

Not unusual.
    Collecting photos/videos for their wank banks.

Attend Meet and Greets or drinks nights so you don't have to rely on a couple of photos. You can organise your own if there are none in your area.

I know there is a party organiser in your area that l believe has a good reputation although we haven't attended those events. Some Victorians might be able to say either way.

We attended Between Friends Wine Bar last weekend and that was fairly relaxed.

Ms PF 🥂

• Margo_Lover

Margo_Lover

10 months ago

So sorry to hear this happened to you. Thanks for the reminder.

Our policy is never send nudes with faces to anyone, ever, for any reason. Even people we know and play with.

Our sent pics are faces or nudes. NEVER both in the same pic.

We're not too worried about people sharing our faceless nudes. They're just more of the billions of nudes online.

- Alex

• MrMrsSmithAu

MrMrsSmithAu

10 months ago

Lots of photo collectors on RHP. We no longer share explicit photos until we have met the people face-to-face.

• nightingale8

nightingale8

10 months ago

Sorry to hear it. It’s so gross.

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

10 months ago

My Nanna got catfished the other day.
    It was in the night of State of Origin.
    She was pretty upset as a consequence and has gone off her tea.
    So, to Mr “9inch_throbber4U”, I say.. poor form fella! 👎

• dontpanic

dontpanic

10 months ago

My general rule is that I'm happy to share nudes and face pics, but never together. That way if I get catfished, all they have is a bunch of unidentifiable dick pics or a few random pics of my ugly mug.

• RHP User

RHP User

10 months ago

Hey guys. I think you need to open a case here. No one has the right to steal your personal photos. This is not a gift. It's a matter of honor. The RHP team has all of this thief's data. With their help, it is quite easy to find details and his place of residence, etc.