Byron Bay (Tyagarah) Clothing-Optional Beach Closure 2024

February 19 2024

The NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) are going to CLOSE the legal Clothing-Optional beach at Tyagarah by April 8, 2024

There is a partition on change.org
https://www.change.org/p/save-tyagarah-beach-byron-bay-from-closure?source_location=psf_petitions

If you'd like to try and keep this beach clothing optional, please add your name/s and share the message.

Comments

• MrandMrsEss

MrandMrsEss

2 months ago

Oh the fun police are at it again! Nude bathing isn't my think, don't have the right skin for it, but I support others right to enjoy themselves with no harm to anyone else. Signed.

• fun2behere

fun2behere

2 months ago

Sadly I suspect this has nothing to do with the ‘fun police.’ It will be because too many undesirable men have been hanging around including using long range cameras to breach the privacy of genuine nudists.

• Flirty2020

Flirty2020

2 months ago

Sadly the same thing almost happened to Sunnyside Beach on the Mornington peninsula VIC, primarily due to lewd behaviour of mostly males.

The main reason for the Tyagarah closure, as quoted in the media is :

“ In recent years, the nudist beach has been somewhat of a headache for local council and police, who have fielded complaints about lewd behaviour and sex pests frequenting the area.

In 2018, Byron Bay Shire Council rejected a recommendation to close down the nude beach, instead opting to install CCTV cameras as extra security.”

• SunSeekers44

SunSeekers44

2 months ago

It's NPWS that want to prevent people form disturbing the dunes. People will adventure into and onto the dunes no matter how clothed they are.
    The National Parks and Wildlife Service (which control that section of beach) wrote to Byron council. Some of the letter said this:

‘Maintaining a clothes optional area in a nature reserve is not consistent with the values the reserve is managed under,’ read the letter, tabled in this week’s council meeting.

‘For example, people are accessing not only the beach but also the dune and hind-dune which is creating environmental issues,’ the letter continued.

‘The continuation of a clothes optional area in Tyagarah Nature Reserve is not supported by NPWS.’

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 months ago

I totally get the lewd behavour there. I have witnessed it first hand as someone who visits.
    I have also witnessed males having lewd behavour, in the protected women's aboriginal land near by in the Tea Tree lake site.
    I also get why the people who live near by and the police are frustrated.
    I also get the sand dunes and wildlife also need protecting.
    IMO: That's a priority over nudity on a beach and in the sand dunes!

Doesn't matter if I sign or not, I'll still visit and can go topless.

Ms Foxy

• JLRandom

JLRandom

2 months ago

We enjoy going to tyagarah and other naturist places. Would be an absolute shame if they do end up closing it! Any brissy naturist folks are welcome to chat with us, even better if you have a pool to use! 😂