Age limits???

February 12 2024

Hey šŸ«¶šŸ˜Š hope youre having a good day!

Legit question and I don't really feel I need to elaborate on why it's gross ...why do men over a certain age put their lowest age limit as 18? Is it because that's the lowest age it let's you put? If you could put younger, would you? And why do you think it's OK?

I know it prompts people to change their age limit when creating an account ...alllllllllll women I've seen here have their age limit set to their appropriate age ....majority of men, 18+

What is the consensus ...what is an appropriate age to be putting 18 as your lowest age? And what do we think of men above a certain age putting 18 as their lowest age?

So curious and sorry to be so confrontational...but it genuinely irks and icks me and I want to protect the vulnerable so hoping this could open a discussion and provide insight and maybe effect change x

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

Can't comment on mens profiles but so many female profiles have 18-99 it is the set default so I figure most of those profiles don't bother setting their preference. I also think older men maybe put the low age just hoping but older women can put that age knowing they will get messaged.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

Forgot to add. My preferences are 35-65 but I would not message anyone under 40 but will accept messages from down to 35. A young body might be nice but it is an extreme rarity to find a mind that interests me as far as generational compatibility goes

• Flirtydancer

Flirtydancer

3 months ago

I asked about this in the chat room about this same topic!

Most didn't think it was a big issue, but I agree it's gross when 40+ yo men have 18 as their lowest limit

Yes they're adults, but barely, and maturity and experience wise, would not be anywhere compatible.

• Lostyanumber

Lostyanumber

3 months ago

Firstly the old rule of half your age plus 7 is still a bit young for me.
    There's a fair few women who list 18 - 99 as their preference.
    This is an interesting thread.

• Mrs_Deep_Love

Mrs_Deep_Love

3 months ago

I agree, so gross.
    But it's another sorting tool for me.

• Kissnhug

Kissnhug

3 months ago

i think after 50 and especially after 55 you get a lot less attention , maybe its just us men that women prefer younger , i mean guys are not too particular on either side of their age bracket . i guess every one likes a bit younger as they are more toned and smooth tight skin etc . Maybe some one should do a site for 50`s and over , you know the grey hair group, or the saggy boobs and balls group

• RagnarPrime

RagnarPrime

3 months ago

Depends what you want.

Males on this site would generally see that they get sweet FA in terms of response so the net needs to be as wide as possible to get a bite.

Females have ample choice so they can be narrower. That's the nature of the game being played.

Personally, anyone under 25 I feel is immature in life experience to get even close to what I would need in a partner. But then I'm playing a different game in some ways.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

Only just noticed fully your last paragraph. Interesting you say protect the vulnerable. I was chatting to a lass a couple of years ago on a different site and she was only 19. She wanted to meet but I figured it probably wouldn't be best even though I kinda wanted to. But the reason she chatted with me and wanted to catch up is unlike the younger males she had contacted I was interested in her and her welfare as the majority of young men just wanted her for her looks, body and just to fuck.
    So it makes me wonder where the vulnerability thing comes from especially in a place like this that becomes pretty obvious it is not for the naive

• Andrea_Sydney

Andrea_Sydney

3 months ago

I wouldnā€™t give it too much attention to be honestly. I think they leave it like that juuuust in case, so they donā€™t get filtered out by a young ladyā€™s search parameters. Iā€™m sure it happens, but overall might be more hopeful ā€œleaving the door open just in caseā€.

• FightingGravity

FightingGravity

3 months ago

Older guys who like younger women are denigrated as perverts, yet older women who like younger men are celebrated as cougarsā€¦..another strange double standard in lifeā€¦.

• Alexis

Alexis

3 months ago

Most guys profiles are very broad and could be summed up by one sentence. Iā€™ll take whatever I can get.

I actually think itā€™s not a good strategy at all, far better to be targeted and appeal to a specific type. You might put off 80% but youā€™ll be super attractive to the other 20%.

• RagnarPrime

RagnarPrime

3 months ago

ā€œAppropriate ageā€ and ā€œprotecting vulnerableā€.

Age is not a determining factor in vulnerability and of those who perhaps need protection.

There are countless people who can handle themselves very well of all ages due to circumstance, mindset, upbringing, resolve, curiosity, personality traits.

I get what youā€™re saying to a degree but it seems like itā€™s coming from a place of huge bias or specific personal experience?

Iā€™ve met many 30/40 year olds who really shouldnā€™t be anywhere near a site like this in terms of how unstable they are.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

18yr olds might like matured men.
    As long as consent given and its respectful. Who cares.

Ms Foxy

• MrandMrsEss

MrandMrsEss

3 months ago

I agree about not engaging those who are too immature but in the chats I find the most immature are men 25-35 and often into 40s. I have spoken with a number of younger people who had a lot better grasp of themselves and what they wanted than a lot older.
    We also met a 36m21f couple in Europe, she was the main online contact and was a delight to converse with for the few months before we arrived. I still found it hard to believe they were both keen on us but they really were. We turned up to their place to a dining table full of fresh fruits and nibbles and spent a wonderful few hours in indepth conversations, mainly with her as interpreter as his English wasn't so good. He was a massive muscle bound fella, which also is not what MrsS finds attractive but he was so sweet and their desire for us was so palpable that we forgot about our judgements. This finally lead to the most wonderful sexual experience and more post- coital fresh fruits, warm conversations and satiated smiles.
    The old "don't judge a book by its cover" surely holds true to ages as well.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

Most blokes never evolve past 15 so you could argue they are dating above their mental age šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I mean I still laugh at farts

• PerthVixen

PerthVixen

3 months ago

The comments in this thread pretty much indicate how quickly our society will defend men who legitimately prey on younger women.

People are far more willing to defend a toxic social norm, than they are to address WHY they defend it.

Thanks for bringing up this really valid topic. Itā€™s wonā€™t have the immediate positive impact you most likely hoped for - but it was still an important topic to share šŸ„°

• nightingale8

nightingale8

3 months ago

Probably worthwhile to distinguish between whatā€™s gross (yes), whatā€™s morally wrong (dubious) and whatā€™s illegal (nope). I donā€™t think itā€™s useful to be infantilising 18-year-olds nor shaming men for what age they list. Social policing, especially around sexuality, makes people resentful and feel suffocated. Then they go to corners of the web to join interest groups that support their frustrations and get even more resentful and mistrusting. As the saying goes, sheā€™ll be right

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

You know like all online men and women sexual stuff, why is it that men get beaten up so badly. I am not at all into the younger thing but why is it gross for a man to want that and to be seen as a possible pervert or even worse. Yet women look for younger predominantly and are seen as being free and still young at heart. In fact a massive percentage of profiles of women my age are not interested in their age or older. Just another of those things that is shaming the male. Not that I give a damn about it I just find it terribly contradictive

• Jig092007

Jig092007

3 months ago

I haven't seen that many 18 yo women on here tbh and really hadn't thought about the lower age setting for anything other than the lowest part of the scale. I think if 40/50+ males are having their preferred age range as 18-19 this could be a valid point but would advise against over thinking it too much if we've left it 18-99 or whatever number we felt was appropriate. We are just window shoppers trying to go to the store with the most Windows to look through.

• KISSprinciple

KISSprinciple

2 months ago

Hey Peaches, I might be the exception to the rule, but I'm set to mid 30s & mid 60s. Tell the truth, I'd gladly push to 99, just not sure how it would be taken šŸ˜‰. I'm defs not looking for under 30s though

• Rowdybaby69

Rowdybaby69

2 months ago

Age is only a number, you gotta realise sex is sex , youā€™re here to enjoy it because, you only live once and life is too short to give a shit of what other people think

• WizardofOz

WizardofOz

2 months ago

Why does the age matter and not the maturity???
    We all have different preferences and male and female think completely differently just as you think differently to other females males think differently to other males, so why does your opinion make you right and others gross, have you thought you may be gross in your thoughts and they are not???

• lollylover

lollylover

2 months ago

Age is just a number. If you donā€™t give it importance, it wonā€™t bother you. I prefer playmates 2 decades younger to keep up with my endurance in bed. My cougar milfie fetish I guess. To each their own. Cheers xx

• CrouchingTiger

CrouchingTiger

2 months ago

I'll call myself a young 50yrs, for a while I told myself never below 35 years.

But in the last 18 months I've been blessed with a group of 3 friends, who are all 30 years.

They're intelligent, mature, and nothing about it seems inappropriate. It's all very wholesome.

Never say never.

• Qpp75

Qpp75

2 months ago

No idea. I'm 49. No woman younger than late 30s is going to be remotely interested and the gap would be weird. I just go about 10 years either side?

• Chilledsolo

Chilledsolo

2 months ago

Hey šŸ‘‹
    I have my age limit 22-52
    I have been told I look rather young still and still feel young.
    Turning 43 soon. Have a feeling that age will be shifting to 23-53.
    My partner is 35. Another reason for a lower age. She plays with women as well.

• Stevagn

Stevagn

2 months ago

As a guy in his 50's I can't even think about girls that young in that way. I'm also about genuine connections and I find people I meet bloew a certian age I just can't relate to them.

• Therockguy

Therockguy

2 months ago

I certainly wouldn't be with an 18 year old and think it's just morally and ethically wrong. But the same question needs to be asked, Is it gross for an 18 year old to want a 40+ man/sugar daddy? On this site there are numerous girls from the age of 18 having this as their preferred option. Goes both ways

• Salos

Salos

2 months ago

I think itā€™s a default setting possibly i just looked at mine n 18! Will change now tho! šŸ‘ŒšŸ»šŸ‘ŒšŸ»