Age gap relationships

March 20 2023

Can anyone give me some advice on large age gap relationships? I’m a 50yr male and in love with 25yr female and feelings are mutual. Does it work? Is age just a number?

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I know couples who have big age gaps and live well together. I had age-gap relationships. One was 22 years, another 17. I dated a woman who was 32 years younger and after a few dates we agreed it was all a bit too weird. Yes we got on great at the time. Funny how I thought some of my partners sayings or mannerisms were 'quirky her' but it turned out to be something common to her generation. Most people assumed I had money and I guess I did show them a lifestyle they had not experienced before. All died off fairly naturally, one after years. as we had different priorities in life. Still friends with them all years later.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a year ago

Google James and Brittany #age35gap.
    He's 57 and she's 23.
    What a mix match!

You do you what ever you want OP, as long as it's with people over 18 and "consent" is given by all parties involved.

Ms Foxy

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

a year ago

They have their challenges but the most important thing is like all relationships. Honest and consistent communication, flexibility and understanding of each others needs and attachment styles and also with age gaps not caring what others think. This is crucial. You will get criticism and negativity but you need to be each others champion and have shared goals for the future. I was in a 20 year age gap for 5 years and it recently ended which has been honestly heartbreaking . I think as the older partner you need to be really secure and confident in yourself. As the older person it's easy for insecurity to slip in as you age. It does have more challenges than a same age relationship. If nothing more than the reality that the younger person will probably have less time with you than they would like. Some people can't handle this.

• teamaj2

teamaj2

a year ago

Is age just a number ?
    No one can answer that except the two of you . Only the two of you can say if this works for you .
    There is of course much to consider without listening and taking on board the outside voices and authorities on relationships . Friends and family usually have ALOT to say .
    There is a few important considerations or there was in our case .
    ⁃ Children . Do you want to have children together ? Co existing with each others children if either of you have children . Blended families aren’t always ideal .
    ⁃ You maybe looking at retiring in ten years or so . Where will that leave you both financially , especially if children are in the picture .
    ⁃ Does your relationship work in social situations ?
    ⁃ You are older and no one knows what the future brings . My husband had to support me through menopause when my libido took a downward spiral . He was amazing and supportive . If he was with someone his own age it would’ve been years until he had to deal with that .
    ⁃ We are very compatible and happy . We didn’t take on board all the negativity. We followed our hearts. We always communicated all our fears and the differences that the age gap brings to the relationship. We’ve not regretted our decision to give our relationship a go . We have a 19 and a half year age gap and are over 17 years together. Its been an amazing journey . You only live once .
    Good luck to you both . Ax

• Freaky_Fun

Freaky_Fun

a year ago

What does your wife think about being in love with a 25 year old 🤔

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a year ago

Now you've expressed a little more of your complex situation.
    It's not the Age Gap your should be worried about.
    Your situation is no different to many others on here.
    You've got yourself into a little love Triangle because you seeked out another for comfort. It's not love. It's an infactuation, with guilt and deception added in the mix. Your intentions are going to hurt a lot of people, including your wife.
    It's a therapists you need, not a 23yr old.

Ms Foxy 🙄

• ddlbm

ddlbm

a year ago

You can make anything work , if you put effort in .

• Funsizedbrat

Funsizedbrat

2 months ago

Ive always wanted a relationship like this. I just feel safer with an older guy and they know how to look after you properly.

Just want to find a caring protective one who will take care of me and keep things hot and naughty in bed.