Unwanted Messages

July 09 2021

I see an awful lot of profiles asking, pleading, begging and demanding no contact from Single Men. Yet so many single guys continue to push the boundaries. I'm interested to hear from them or in fact anyone who does not match another's profile requests and why they do it. I'm also interested to know who replies to unwanted messages and what do you say? I have been trying to formulate a witty yet dismissive reply to these kinds of messages and feel that maybe if enough of us actually sent replies, the message might get across and at least that person will think again before contacting others. Am I living in lala land? Thoughts?

Comments

Page 1 of 2 Prev 1 2

• SuperFoxxxy

15 days ago

You are under no obligation to reply to anyone on here.
    Under "Messager Settings", you can set up quick message replies. Im the Queen of them and have heaps, depending on the message/s I receive.
    Just recently I did a total mind fuck message reply, to "OOPS I think I did it Again" (#FreeBrittany), and the twit still didn't get it!
    No matter what you say or do people have their own agendas and their minds are made up. They do it, because they can.
    Ms Foxy

• SuperFoxxxy

15 days ago

Sometimes, even just a witty "no thanks" reply, is enough to set yourself up for an abusive reply, because you've rejected them. Some (not all), just can't handle a that, because they believe under the impression free roots are handed out free willy on here. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind free Willy as long as he's humble, elegant and full of substance.
    Ms Foxy

• sweetnyorkshire

14 days ago

We really can't relate to this unwanted message thing, we've asked single males not to message us and they never do.

• SpicyKale

14 days ago

@sweetnyorkshire +1, only had three this year!

• Phoenix_Rising

14 days ago

Wouldn’t the messages go to your “all conversations” folder and not your “matching” folder? That’s how it works for me, so I only see unwanted messages if I go looking for them. In which case of course the simple solution is to only check your “matching” folder and have that set as your default.

• SpicyKale

14 days ago

@SpicyKale Spoke too soon! First in ages and blocked for asking if he was married🤷🏻‍♂️ Single guys usually get an unfair bashing on here though!

• HerSlutStrategy

14 days ago

@Phoenix_Rising ^ Problem solved right there.

• ChrisInOz

14 days ago

I’m a single guy on here (just joined here recently) and I thought if you match then what’s wrong with sending a message? If you have listed on your profile that your interested in men, and then you have no single males then you should probably update your profile

• Mrs_Deep_Love

14 days ago

I think couples put it on their profile because other couples do, a bit like the universities and other research facilities empty threat of legal action spiel couples put at the end of their profiles.

• Phoenix_Rising

14 days ago

@SpicyKale Sometimes I wonder if they read the forums and decide to have a play, haha.

• eleganceandclass

14 days ago

@ChrisInOz Nothing wrong with sending a message IF YOU MATCH but if my profile says I’m interested in women and couples, why would you or anyone as a single guy message me? Oh because you think we match because you’re looking for couples too? That’s like you saying you’re interested in women and getting messages all the time from dudes!

• eleganceandclass

14 days ago

@Phoenix_Rising Yes that’s how it works for me too although I have noticed a couple of matching messages slip through so it’s not failsafe. I wasn’t necessarily just complaining about these messages that everyone seems to complain about. I’m just interested in why and what others do.

• eleganceandclass

14 days ago

@sweetnyorkshire Lucky you!

• eleganceandclass

14 days ago

@SuperFoxxxy I’d love to read some of your message replies. I definitely think I would find what I’m looking to say right there!

• eleganceandclass

14 days ago

@Mrs_Deep_Love We get lots of messages from single guys on our couples profile, some message just to pay a compliment and that’s nice but the number I get in this profile is ridiculous! There you go one just came through as I type this hahaha

• Freaky_Fun

14 days ago

@ChrisInOz Well you are...hard core 🤷‍♀️

• SpicyKale

14 days ago

@Phoenix_Rising Our thoughts too! They either find us through the forum, or deliberately override the search function to couples looking for couples because they aren’t going to find us searching as a single gent. Honestly though, we rarely have a problem with it these days! Bi male in a couple scares most away, it’s just the ones that can’t read that send messages

• pieadventures

12 days ago

I had this discussion with my play partner the other day and maybe there needs to be a new acronym developed of RMFP: Read my f#cking profile! 😉

• nudemaseusse

12 days ago

@pieadventures Haha! Yep, we did have this exact conversation! I’m on board with this 😂

• CaptureYourMind

11 days ago

There are far too many single guys. In order to get a response they have to message 100's of people regardless if they are a match or not.
    I am a single guy on here but I am also married in an open relationship. I take the opposite approach, I actually rarely message women. I state on my profile that if a lady finds me of interest she should indicate with a message, like or a fav.
    My profile doesn't get heaps of messages but that's not also what I'm looking for. I already have my special partner, everything else is fun so I look for quality interactions with quality people only.

Page 1 of 2 Prev 1 2