usplusu

M 44 F 45

Profile likes

August 25 2020

So we are new to this scene and this site and are turning to more experienced people to the workings of the site. One of the questions we have is about the 'like option on here.

Why do people like profiles? Is it to grab your attention? To show interest or just a way of saying nice profile?

What's people's thoughts?

Comments

Page 1 of 1 Prev 1

• SpicyKale

1 month ago

All off the above! It was clearer on the previous incarnation of the site with a stack of different one liners to go along with the sentiment. The slightly keener guests these days might flirt, favourite and friend request at the same time in an attempt to grab your attention😬

• Kokoflamingo

1 month ago

If I leave a like its because Im interested. But Im sure all of the above apply. I hope you find what you are looking for on here...there are some truly lovely people on RHP

• LifestyleExplore

1 month ago

The issue to be aware of with likes is that you can't see who liked you unless you are a paid member. Same with the matches.

• SpicyKale

1 month ago

@Kokoflamingo Agreed Koko! We'll generally send messages and almost never first likes. We'll reply to a like with another, only if we find the profile really interesting. It might be a case of we'll follow up a later stage, or they're interstate, we'll never reply to one just for the sake of it.

• usplusu

31 days ago

Thank you for the input appreciate it and makes it clearer 😊

• TandA18

31 days ago

We use the like button as a way of saying we are interested but also to gauge if the other profile is too. I guess we do this as we find sending a message first, some profiles seem to read the message and not reply 🙄

• Sawadee

31 days ago

I only ever leave a ' like ' if l agree with what that person had to say and thought everyone did likewise ? Never once did l think to use it to let someone know l like them ? So all these years people i put a like to ' could of thought l liked them not the subject ? lol....

• SpicyKale

31 days ago

@Sawadee I'd assumed the OP meant the flirt replacement for profiles, not the like button for the forum?

• ReyandJean

31 days ago

Guests can't see who liked their profile, so a message is a better way to make contact with guests.

• SpicyKale

31 days ago

@TandA18 We've had people not open messages after sending us flirts/likes too! You'll send yourself nuts trying to work out where people are at on here at any particular time on any particular day. Work gets in the way, kids etc... Everyone operates differently, sometimes it's a slow burn

• sweetfrangapani

30 days ago

@SpicyKale I have just worked out that I had seen nor read or replied to a huge amount of messages because I hadnt seen them. Ive just notice that I have to click on ALL to see every message I receive, otherwise it just shows me matching messages. Has anyone else noticed that?

• SpicyKale

30 days ago

@sweetfrangapani One of the other single ladies mentioned it a few weeks ago. The settings changed with the site update a while ago, the default would have seen everything come through. At a guess you accidentally changed them without realising, they really needed a blog post on the updates. On another site a while ago a couple that really interested us kept sending us flirts, but they'd defaulted us out of replying to them because we were out of their age range and we couldn't reply! Settings can be a hinder as well as a help😊

• sweetfrangapani

30 days ago

@SpicyKale Oh good lord I have no idea what ive done lol. I cant even read notifications either........ They need to dumb it down sometimes for us non-It peeps

• TandA18

30 days ago

@SpicyKale Yeah true. But if someone likes your profile, you like them and therefore a match, you send them a message, they read it but just don't respond even after a week.
    Seems people find it easier to ignore rather than respond, in our experience anyway

• SpicyKale

30 days ago

@sweetfrangapani lol, if admin can't talk you through the muddle send us a pm and we'll help with the settings we use😂

• SpicyKale

30 days ago

@TandA18 Spot on guys! We're sometimes slow at replying at times, but we're upfront about it in our profile. Like a lot, this isn't our only hobby 😬 Over time, we've discovered that we prefer to message here rather than offsite. I think you guys might have been on the end of our slack messaging a few years ago, humblest apologies😊

• 2EssesExploring

29 days ago

With the new incarnation guests have been effectively knee capped. Fair enough as this is after all a business primarily concerned with maximum profits. Having been paid before we just accept the knee capping, the good ones always find you and there are plenty of other means :)

• Funclassycpl

23 days ago

We get likes we respond with a message it’s usually people with minimal pics and they generally ask can we see your gallery when there’s already a good mix on our profile.. 😂

• Lovelycouple21

9 days ago

@LifestyleExplore Hey there were in the same boat. We’re friends but can’t send msgs to each other haha.

Page 1 of 1 Prev 1