Long Term FWB Emotional Shift

November 11 2020

Crossing Emotional Lines

I have had a steady FWB or FB you could call him, on and off now for 6 years. At times with our own lives getting in the way we would meet maybe once or twice every six months. Just recently though his circumstances have changed and we have been able to have weekly meets. What I am finding is that since seeing him more often I have started to develop more of an emotional connection with him. I doubt he feels the same though. It was purely sex, quick meet ups, we fuck, he leaves. But lately it's been longer sessions, we talk and spend time together.

How do you ladies and guys, protect yourself and the risk of a broken heart once an emotional connection forms beyond just the sexual? Compartmentalising emotions is easy for me, I put them in a pretty box, wrap a bow around it and put the box away until next time. ( its a physical representation)

Comments

• Sawadee

Sawadee

3 years ago

If you dont want futher involvement ' best you drag out that pretty box with the bow and put a cap on your emotions.. It happens to the best of us ' just when you think your in control it can come back to bite you on the arse. Ive been around long enough to reckognise the signs ' and like you ' l shut things down and move on. FB sex is good because it is what it is . Change the dynamics and you change the relationship..

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 years ago

My advice, get out and meet people and do things you want to do. Emotions only get involved if you do not have total control over them. Have you had a conversation with him?

• ReyandJean

ReyandJean

3 years ago

Why is an emotional connection negative?

• AnnieWhichway

AnnieWhichway

3 years ago

Whilst you have some control , move on. Its going to end in tears and not hid.
    Harsh l know bit its easy commentating from outside the arena.
    But give us credit, we have all been in the arena before being comfortable in the southern stand

• AnnieWhichway

AnnieWhichway

3 years ago

His not hid. Come on rhp, some editing options.......

• MsJonesy

MsJonesy

3 years ago

It sounds like a shift from fb to fwb. Are you happy with that? Will you be happy if he is not so available and it moves back to the fb status of fuck and leave? If your answer to that is a maybe not, or a flat out no, you might be in dangerous territory.
    Protecting ourselves depends how you see the 'relationship'. In my mind, a fwb is a relationship of sorts, as there is an emotional connection. Otherwise the 'friend' part would not apply. Emotions makes us human, emotions shouldnt always be be a negative thing (nods in agreeance with ReyandJean). Its when your emotions develop more than the other person's that it can all go pear shaped.

• damnhot

damnhot

3 years ago

Be very cautious when you are on different wavelengths. I was caught in something a bit similar with a male partner a few years ago. It was casual for many many years then more fwb on my end when I moved closer and the meets became weekly. The relationship became stronger, but only on my end. Things turned bad when he had a friend of his fuck me bareback during a threesome. The change in our dynamic meant I'd have done anything to please him. After the encounter he treated me like a dirty peace of meat and maybe that's what he'd turned me into. Two people fucking but after very different things, it messed me up for a long time.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

The Friend component of Fwb is the most important aspect. As is communication

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

3 years ago

Ask him. Then at least you will know. There is a possibility his feelings have changed as well but if they haven't at least you know now so you can make a decision wether to pursue this relationship any longer.
    I don't think you can protect yourself from a broken heart because you feel what you feel. You can just do damage control though and change your circumstances to lessen any future further impact. If that's what has to happen then just be thankful for the good times you have had and the things you have learned from him. Both the good and the difficult.

• wildcrazyloving

wildcrazyloving

3 years ago

After 10+ yrs with long term FWB arrangements, i have found that for me personally, that it is easier handling the emotional aspect when you have multiple lovers.. Fall in love with them all.