Amateur Pics

February 04 2014

Was just looking through the Amateur pic and noticed, as always, there are some great pics being posted. But the title is "Amateur Pics" and I think I might have the wrong definition of "Amateur". To me it means "unprofessional pics" and I recall many years ago someone getting roasted about being her husband being a professional photographer and her pics shouldn't be allowed, but these days most of the pics seem to be professional. Don't get me wrong, the pics are beautiful and sexy etc, but perhaps the title of the pictures might need to be changed if its turning more and more into "Glamorous Pics". If it had a different title maybe then everyone is at the same level. I just think its losing the original purpose (after being on the site for 9 years). Your thoughts?

Comments

• gazpacho

gazpacho

10 years ago

Refers to the model, not the photographer... .? Hugs Gazpacho

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

With you PB69 ,,, better term would be Members Pics ,,, some are not Amateur at all, but some are amateurish

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

I always whinge to BS that he's a terrible photographer. He claims he's always distracted? I have noticed lots of less 'spontaneous' pics?

K x

- Posted from rhpmobile

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

No need to feign disappointment

• platinumblonde69

platinumblonde69

10 years ago

It should be called "Amateur Model". But if you have noticed there are professional models also on the site and in the pics. Like i said, i love the pics, all of them, but years ago it was for the average person who gets out their mobile and takes a few pics....Now it appears its for models and professional photographers as well....Just interesting thought...thats all....

• RedHotCoast

RedHotCoast

10 years ago

With Plat.

• DynamicCouple36

DynamicCouple36

10 years ago

Perhaps it should change to. " photos taken by members "

With the advent of digital photography and fancy automatic cameras and editing software, anyone can take great photos these days, even using a mobile phone.

- Posted from rhpmobile

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

Really matter? Just enjoy the pics as they are meant to be enjoyed!

• gerodude69

gerodude69

10 years ago

Doesn't concern me , mine are all selfies so not that professional

- Posted from rhpmobile

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

The difference between a professional and amateur is not based on the quality of the job, it is whether you are making money or not from what ever it is.

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

Is that a professional is paid for the work, while an amateur is not. It doesn't mean the quality is any better or worse...

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

I have always enjoyed all forms of erotic photography, however most recently I have gravitated towards the more risqué style. My interest in actually taking the photos myself started almost one year ago. I blew the dust of the family digital camera, read a few photography websites on lighting etc, picked up about $40 worth of lights from Bunnings and started shooting. All of the photos you see on our profile are ones that I have taken (with the exception of the ones I'm actually in of course) and I can tell you I am far from professional. I agree with Jason_Leslie, cameras do most of the work these days. Maybe the answer is to increase the amount of categories available to post photos as it might encourage more submissions, who knows?. Until then I will enjoy all of the photos posted by fellow pie members :)

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

Quoting 'Luvdudley' Really matter? Just enjoy the pics as they are meant to be enjoyed!
    NO

But

I have thought this before when I have seen a few pics some seem so professional (model and camerman) that although very sexy it doesnt seem to justify as to the normal person taking a photo as in amaturish.

So I think there does need to be some definition.

• gazpacho

gazpacho

10 years ago

Quoting 'gerodude69' Doesn't concern me , mine are all selfies so not that professional

- Posted from rhpmobile
    I imagine yours to be sensational... but can only see two of them because I'm a guest... I'm attracted to the photo of you lying on the bed in afl colours with one spud hanging out of your speedos... that's my kind of humour. I bet you're fun in group situations.
    A picture tells a thousand words.
    Gazpacho

• platinumblonde69

platinumblonde69

10 years ago

Quoting 'Cest_la_viebaby' Quoting 'Luvdudley' Really matter? Just enjoy the pics as they are meant to be enjoyed!
    NO

But

I have thought this before when I have seen a few pics some seem so professional (model and camerman) that although very sexy it doesnt seem to justify as to the normal person taking a photo as in amaturish.

So I think there does need to be some definition.
    This is pretty much what I mean. Like I said, don't get me wrong, I love looking at all the photos, but when there is money being awarded it hardly seems to be a level playing field, thats all. I think 99% of the photos posted are awesome, whether they appear "professional" or just your everyday "selfie". Was just curious what other people thought. I used to post many many years ago for fun, but when I see some of the professional photos being posted now, it deters me and I guess it might deter a lot of members. But like I said, there are some awesome photos there. Plat

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

Hey. This is all true, .....
    On a completely unrelated note now! Does anyone have problems with their profiles, and in particular the 'looking for' bit?? Mine keeps auto-correcting, for want of a better word, and I don't seem to get it to stay on the options I choose. Is this just me or......???

- Posted from rhpmobile

• RHP User

RHP User

10 years ago

I'm only recently new to this site. Wasn't aware rewards were involved with the pics. I have only had a coupe of quick look at some pics. If money is involved then , YES, it should only be amateurs. My apologies :)

• Sexysequin

Sexysequin

3 years ago

Where do I find the armature pics please